We have always taken the health and safety of our clients very seriously, and will continue to maintain the highest quality standards of hygiene and sanitation possible. We are navigating through this unprecedented time with additional specifications and modification of existing measures, and are asking for your cooperation. You will be presented with new requirements so that all of our clients can have the safest experience possible. If you are uncomfortable with any of the following guidelines, we apologize for any inconvenience, and hope to work with you in the future once more restrictions have been lifted.
We will be following the practice guidelines set forth by the state of Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania Board of Massage Therapy, the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA).
You will notice the following changes leading up to and during your next appointment:
- As per the suggestions from the previously listed regulatory agencies, we ask that talking be kept to a minimum. We ask that updates to your health information be given in advance through phone, text, or email whenever possible.
- We will greet you at the door and use a no touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you do not have a fever.
- We will ask if you have developed any symptoms of illness from the time that your appointment was booked. There will be no penalties for cancelling your appointment if you feel ill. We would much rather preserve your safety (and the safety of others) than have you come to your appointment if you are not feeling well.
- Please bring a face mask to wear while you are in the building and during your massage. You will not be required to wear a mask while you are face down on the table, but will be asked to utilize a face covering during other parts of your session. Additionally, we will not be permitted to perform facial massages until further notice.
- You will be asked to complete COVID-19 Liability and Informed Consent forms prior to every session. We will have forms available in the office, but ask that you fill these forms out online and submit them to as often as possible.
- In an effort to keep clients from gathering in the reception areas, we will be collecting payments and scheduling future appointments in the treatment rooms. We ask that you dress at the end of your session and wait in the room for us to come back in to finalize payment.
COVID-19 INFORMED CONSENT STATEMENTS:
INFORMED CONSENT FOR EVERYONE:
I understand that COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus that is still present in my community. I understand that COVID-19 has an extended incubation period and can be passed through close contact with others who are asymptomatic. I understand that The Muscle Therapy Massage Center has taken every precaution to protect my health and safety, but that the risk of infection is still possible.
INFORMED CONSENT FOR HIGH RISK CLIENTS:
I understand that the following health conditions place me at a higher risk for serious COVID-19 infection. If I have one (or more) of these conditions, I should refrain from massage therapy while COVID-19 is still present in my community, or obtain consent from my physician. Should I decide to proceed with massage therapy treatments, I agree to assume all risk related to COVID-19 infection.
The CDC estimates that 88% of people who require hospitalization for COVID-19 have one or more of these underlying conditions:
- People 65 years of age or older
- People living in a nursing home or long term health facility
- Chronic lung diseases
- Moderate to severe asthma
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Compromised or suppressed immunity
- Severe obesity (BMI 40 or higher)
- Chronic kidney diseases undergoing dialysis
- Liver diseases
We believe clients with these conditions should consult with their primary care physicians before pursuing therapeutic massage services.
Resource: "Preventing Disease Transmission in a Massage Practice." Anne Williams and Eric Brown
Please find the mandatory COVID-19 Liability and Informed Consent Waivers here:
If you are new to The Muscle Therapy Massage Center you must fill out our client intake form before your first session. If you can, please print out the form below and bring into your appointment.
We ask that if you have to cancel an appointment please do so 24 hours before as a courtesy to our massage therapists. If you do not show up for an appointment you may be charged full price for the time you requested.
We do not have a parking lot. Please use street parking on 6th Ave.